THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY

THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY
April 12, 2016

Friday, May 16, 2014

In Residence at Today's Little Ditty

Happy Poetry Friday!

Elizabeth Steinglass is this week's Poetry Friday host.
You'll find a bevy of beautiful verse at Liz's blog.

I have a day off from teaching at Northfield E.S.

Instead, I am "in residence" at Michelle Heindenrich Barnes' blog, Today's Little Ditty. That's where you'll find my Poetry Friday post for this week.

Visit Today's Little Ditty to find out why I am ranting about this first grade poem, which made the rounds of the Internet late last week. Seriously, the Mama Bear claws came out on behalf of this little -- and very talented -- poetry cub.

Photograph by  Jason Gardner

I'm excited to join Renée LaTulippe,  Buffy Silverman, and Carrie Clickard -- making up Michelle's fantastic four poetry bloggers. Thanks for inviting me to be part of the TLD team, Michelle. I hope I represent all the poets-in-the-schools out there well.

On Monday, I'll have more Northfield Elementary poems to share. We're moving on to opposite poems -- a great way to learn how to use stanzas.

No comments: