THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY

THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY
April 12, 2016

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Where You'll Find Me... Guest Blogging

I'm having a Pisces kind of day today ... swimming in two directions.

From Communityhealing.net
This is in my writing life. Add kids, work, the usual stuff of momness, and I feel more like an octopus than a fish.

So: Two directions. (Not to be confused with boy band.)

Really?
Today, you will find me elsewhere.

Direction #1

Children's author me is thrilled to be visiting Brenda Drake's blog today. Brenda interviewed me and my good friend/writing mentor Joy McCullough-Carranza for her Pitch Wars Success Stories series.

I think our story is like Cinderella. Joy is the fairy book-mother who helped get my manuscript ready for the ball. It felt like everyone wanted to dance with my book, but midnight came with the end of the Pitch Wars contest, and my book went home with no agent to love. Until that glass slipper moment when Stephen Barbara returned. As an agent, he's been a perfect fit.

How to make these mirrored platform shoes:
DYI "The Fairest of Them All"
Click to read the Pitch Wars Success Story interview with Brenda Drake here.

Direction #2

Poet and editor me is blogging at Little Patuxent Review's website today. Submissions for our Winter 2015 issue, Food, open on August 1. To warm up your taste buds, I am sharing what I call "Pesto: A Love Story."

Pesto from The Italian Dish.
It's about falling in love with a guy, a culture, and a green pasta sauce all in the same summer. Now -- when your basil plant is full of leaves -- is the perfect time  to try my recipe for pesto sauce. Great on pasta, but also delicious to top chicken or salmon on the grill.

I'll be back at AuthorAmok for Poetry Friday. Meanwhile, keep swimming!

No comments: