THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY

THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY
April 12, 2016

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Amok in a Noisy Art Room?

Great minds make think alike, but great poems often show how individual our points of view can be.
Today -- two onomatopoeia poems by Northfield Elementary third graders. Both explore the sounds of the school art room, but each poet hears the room differently.
Poet: Sage T. Art Room The paint brushes go swish, swish. I hear the pencils going scraaatch, scraaatch. I hear people thinking of how to be more creative hmmm, hmmm. I listen to the sound of people dipping their paint brushes into some paint plop, plop, plop. Ahh, the sounds of the art room. Swish, scratch, hmmm, plop, plop!
Poet: Collette L. I hear the click, clik, clack Of pencils writing. I hear the swish, swash, swash, Swish the paint brush washes Away the white with a fresh New coat of color. I hear the marker caps Pop pop shhh, shh, shhh. I hear the pencil drop Clit clat. I hear the paper move Sswish, crinkle!
For more ekphrastic poetry (poems in reaction to art), check out this post.
Tomorrow, Northfield students share their opposites poems as they learn to work with stanzas.

No comments: