THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY

THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY
April 12, 2016

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Let’s Play #8TerribleTitles

It's after 11 pm on a Wednesday night. The teens show no signs of going to bed, even though they have to get up by 5:30 am. Hubs has fallen asleep on the couch with the dog. I am still working.

That's when my Twitter account pings. It's fellow Sweet Sixteens debut author, Brooks Benjamintagging me in a new and goofy blog hop.
I am always up for goofy. Especially at 11 pm when my chances of getting enough sleep are nil.
The rules are simple:
Scroll through your manuscript without looking (seriously, we’ll know). Stop at a random place and look at where your cursor lands. Select the phrase it’s on. Awkward? Inane? Unintelligible? For this game, that's perfect.
Repeat this seven more times for a total of Eight Terrible Titles. 
This isn’t just for writers. No manuscript? No problem. Grab the nearest book and play along, but don’t forget to tag your friends for some ridiculous fun!
Here are the #8TerribleTitles for my debut novel-in-verse, THE LAST FIFTH GRADE OF EMERSON ELEMENTARY:
1) Like Dropping Eggs
2) My Friend and How
3) Sitting in Branches
4) My Mom is Cool
5) Don't Say Anything
Just say no to 80s movies
6) It Would Stink
7) I Bite My Nails
8) Hiding the Chewy Rainbow
Chewy Rainbow recipe at Tablespoon.com

Gotta love #4, people. That is a book that middle and high schoolers would flock to read.
I'm spreading the chewy rainbow of fun around, 'cause chewy rainbows are better with friends. Here are the #8FabulousFriends I’m tagging for some more #8TerribleTitles fun:
If you don't blog, you can still be Terrible. Post your list to Facebook.

5 comments:

Tabatha said...

Some of those titles aren't terrible! I mean, it seems like you could write a whole book inspired by "Hiding the Chewy Rainbow."

Victoria J. Coe said...

Oooooh, I also love HIDING THE CHEWY RAINBOW! I've already got your real title on my TBR wish list, but now I want to read it even more!

Joy McCullough-Carranza said...

While those are all terrible for your actual book, some of them are quite intriguing!

Here are mine:

Stepping One Foot Inside
He Knows Better
You Should Eat Seaweed
My Daughter Juliet
Drunk Moms Approach
Chatter In the Way
You’re the Author
Bruises Blooming On My Arm

Author Amok said...

Still hysterical over "Drunk Moms Approach," Joy. Thanks for playing along.

Anonymous said...

I'm a child. So of course I'm loving..
It Would Stink.
Any Middle Grader on EARTH would pick that up.

LOVE IT!!